We support a vibrant, ambitious and informed community of health research charities. Our members invested more than €15 million in health research in 2019 (for context, that is one third of the annual HRB budget) and every extended family in Ireland is connected to at least one of these organisations. Beyond financial investment, they ensure the relevance of research to the communities they represent, communicate its findings and insist that it has impact for people.
Together these charities provide a beautiful example of what research means to people and families and how the impact of research reaches every village in Ireland. Perhaps our most important role is to bring them together, to share experiences, discuss challenges and learn from each other.
In addition to providing opportunities for members to network, we offer support through:
- Hosting talks to inform members on key topics
- Offering workshops and seminars on topics of relevance to members
- Hosting a Shared Learning Group on Patient and Public Involvement (PPI)
- Providing updates on relevant news
- Providing templates and guides to support the members in their activities