Benefits of Associate Membership
HRCI, as an umbrella body which represents well over 1 million patients through 35 members, has created a strong collective platform for health research charities to influence policy, practice and legislation, as well as providing member support in all aspects of health research and opportunities for networking.
Associate Membership provides:
- Access to HRCI staff with expertise in research, medical research charities and the health research environment and a community of health research-focused charities who are a valuable source of knowledge and support.
- Access to HRCI Board and member meetings. These meetings provide an opportunity for information exchange and typically feature invited expert speakers. Previous speakers include senior officials from the Department of Health, Health Research Board and the HSE.
- Access to our Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) Shared Learning Group. Members of this group support each other in improving patient involvement in their research activities and receive guidance and practical support from the HRCI.
- Reduced rate access to all HRCI events and workshops
- Reduced rate access to bi-annual Irish Health Research Forum (IHRF) events, which are run by HRCI. Previous topics at IHRF events have included the implications of data protection for health research, setting health research priorities, public and patient involvement in health research, health researcher careers and legislation relating to health research.
- The opportunity to positively influence the Irish health research environment by helping to shape HRCI’s advocacy initiatives and campaigns.
- Access to member-only news emails, in addition to the HRCI quarterly newsletter.
- Copies of all HRCI publications and reports released throughout the year and access to previous publications. These include guides and templates on such topics as PPI, patient registries, intellectual property and engaging with industry.
- The ability to nominate two representatives who receive communications on the organisation’s behalf and who can attend HRCI meetings and events.
Associate v Full Membership Benefits
|Access to the Joint Funding Scheme||No||Yes|
|Unlimited representatives at meetings||No||Yes|
|Free access to events||No||Yes|
|25% discount on first year’s membership fee||No||Yes|
|Access to staff expertise||Yes||Yes|
|Access to member meetings||Yes||Yes|
|Access to PPI Shared Learning Group||Yes||Yes|
|Copies of all publications||Yes||Yes|
|Newsletter and member-only emails||Yes||Yes|
Associate membership is only available for the first two years of HRCI membership, after which time, organisations must become full members. Current or former full members cannot revert to associate member status. If Associate Members wish to avail of the benefits of Full Membership, they may upgrade at any time.