Come work with us!
Do you want to make a difference? Meet lots of interesting people? And work in a supportive and enjoyable environment?
We are seeking a passionate, people person with relevant experience for the post of Research Support Officer. If you believe you fit the description, get your application in.
Research Support Officer Job description
Fixed Term contract to June 2022, with possibility of extension
Part time – 4 days per week.
Salary Range: 30k to 35k (FTE)
Location: HRCI Office, Camden Row, Dublin 8
About Health Research Charities Ireland (HRCI)
Health Research Charities Ireland (HRCI) is the national umbrella organisation of health research and patient support charities. As an umbrella body, we work on behalf of over 1 million patients in Ireland. We are passionate about improving the nation’s health, through research. We do this by working closely with our member charities, by advocating for improvements at a national level and through being thought leaders in health research. https://hrci.ie/
Reporting to the CEO, the key elements of this role are to work with HRCI members to increase their research capacity, ensure the success of the Joint Funding Scheme managed in partnership with the Health Research Board (HRB), increase patient and public involvement in research and collaborate with other stakeholders on many aspects of health research.
You will find HRCI an enjoyable working environment, focused on exciting topics that are making a difference to people’s lives.
Develop and strengthen the research capacity of HRCI members
- Work with the member organisations to build their research capacity
- Provide advice and assistance to members throughout the lifecycle of projects they are funding
- Develop and deliver content for HRCI workshops, events and guidance documents
Manage the HRCI/HRB Joint Funding Scheme https://hrci.ie/joint-funding-scheme/
- Work with the Health Research Board (HRB) on all aspects of this scheme, including planning, documentation and running meetings
- Act as the contact point for HRCI members and researchers wishing to avail of the scheme and support members through the process
- Represent member interests in refining documentation and processes for the scheme
Supporting patient and public involvement (PPI) in research
- Manage and support the HRCI PPI Shared Learning Group and facilitate sharing between members
- Source and produce PPI materials in response to member needs
- Engage and collaborate with other PPI-focused groups nationally and internationally
- Partner and engage with relevant bodies on all aspects of health research in Ireland
- Attend health research meetings and events, representing HRCI and the interests of members
- Contribute to many aspects of HRCI operations, planning and strategy and assist the CEO with ad hoc projects
- Support the running of HRCI events
- Knowledge of the Irish health research environment, including research institutions, funding agencies, policy bodies, key strategies and current trends.
- Degree level qualification (minimum)
- Enthusiasm for the role and the organisation
- Experience in managing and facilitating groups and meetings
- Exceptional planning, administrative and computer skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Personable with excellent communication skills and an ability to build relationships and work with professionals at all levels
- Flexibility to undertake a small amount of travel and occasional work outside standard hours
- Experience in patient and public involvement
- Experience in the community and voluntary sector
Please send your cover letter and CV to Marie Downes, email@example.com. Please outline in your CV or cover letter how you meet the essential and desirable skills. Please also address informal enquiries to Marie.
Closing date for applications is Friday August 7th at 5pm.
HRCI is an equal opportunities employer